Part of the first phase of the “Just a Click Away” initiative was a series of free webinars exploring different website models used to provide access online to public legal education and information. The webinars featured approaches being used in different jurisdictions across Canada to provide access to PLEI online at a provincial level, and one American site.
Here’s a short video summary of all three webinars:
A recap of a series of webinars exploring models used to provide access online to public legal education and information. The recap features five portal websites and one content-rich site in different jurisdictions across Canada and the US.
What the Webinars Explore
The webinars explore:
- seven current models of content websites and “portal” websites (a portal is a site that provides a point of entry into content on other websites),
- the pros and cons of provincial and national approaches, and
- how existing knowledge or tools might be used to support initiatives in other provinces or territories.
When are the Webinars?
The webinars were broadcast in January and February, leading up to the national conference on February 23-24, 2011. The webinars were broadcast on:
- Tuesday January 11, 2011 featuring Clicklaw and CLEONet.
- Tuesday January 25, 2011 featuring LawNet (formerly ACJNet), PovNet and LawHelp.org
- Tuesday February 8, 2011 featuring Educaloi and www.inmylanguage.org
Recordings of the Webinars
We recorded the webinars, so if you missed them, you can watch them here.
- Recording of the Clicklaw & CLEONet webinar, from January 11, 2011 [1 hour, 6 minutes]. Supporting handout for this webinar [PDF, 700KB].
- Recording of the LawNet, PovNet & LawHelp webinar, from January 25, 2011 [55 minutes]. Supporting handout for this webinar [PDF, 1MB]
- Recording of the Educaloi & InMyLanguage.org webinar, from February 8, 2011 [53 minutes]. Supporting handout for this webinar [PDF, 561KB]
Give us Feedback on the Webinars
If you had a chance to view one or more of the webinars, either live or the recordings, we would love your feedback. This short survey takes just a few moments to complete.
What is a Webinar?
Short for web-based seminar, a webinar is a learning event delivered over the web, combined with a telephone conference call for the audio of the event. Each webinar in our series was 60 minutes long, and featured interactive elements, so that participants could learn from the presenters but also ask questions and learn from each other.
Staying in touch
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.